Sunday 19 April 2015

My Current TBR Pile (April 2015)


My TBR pile is beginning to dwindle as it feels like forever since I last bought any new books. Some of the books I have to read are ones I've owned forever but just haven't gotten around to reading yet because other, more exciting, books fall into my hands.

1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Confession: I haven't read this before. I know, I know. I should have read it by now, but I just haven't. While we're here, I'm also going to admit to not having read any Jane Austen novels yet either. And swiftly moving on...

2. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

I picked this up at the beginning of the year because my friend was reading it and suggested it to me. It involves a scavenger hunt surrounding books from what I can tell from the synopsis, plus a love story.

3. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

I read the first two Hush Hush books last year but decided to take a slight break from them to read other things. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the series - because I did. I enjoyed it a lot. I just wanted to read other things before returning to these books.

4. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Pretty self explanatory, eh? 

5. Light by Michael Grant

Another series I need to finish! I'm reluctant to start reading this though as it's been a while since I read the Gone series and wasn't the biggest fan of the story. 

6. The Humans by Matt Haig

This is one I really want to read! I mean really, really read. You know those certain books that you always pick up in the bookshop but can' quite justify splurging out on it yet? This was that book! I would pick it up each time and read the synopsis on the back but never actually purchase it. I keep meaning to read it and I would be reading it right now if I didn't have books for re-read for my literature class. 

7. Every Day by David Levithan

This is a book almost everyone I know has read. It's about a character that wakes up each morning in a different body but can't get attached to this person's life. I've read mixed reviews but I think it'll be one of those books I either end up loving or hating.

8. One Day by David Nicholls

Again, this is a book everyone has read but me. I've also somehow managed to stay away from the film. 

9. The View on the Way Down by Rebecca Wait

Now, this seems to be slightly similar to We are all Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler, which I really did not like. But the title sold me for this book. It has so many possible meanings that I just want to find out what happens in the story!



Thank you for reading!
Leave a comment telling me what you're reading at the moment/what's on your TBR list.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This looks like a great list. You are going to love Jane Eyre, it is a very interesting book like none I've ever read before. I am currently trying to read Unbroken, All the Light We Cannot See, The Age of Innocence, Quiet, and How to Raise Kids Who Read (I know, that's random).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the comment. All the Light We Cannot See looks and sounds so interesting (I really want to read it) and hopefully you will enjoy it.

      Delete